Wednesday, December 13, 2006

more backstory to that fateful day

ok, now here’s the backstory to the previous post, which i figured i should separate out or my inspirational message about “it’s all gonna be great” would be lost in the midst of all the weird laura-isms.

so all along, i had been calling the law school "the LS" and i thought that everyone did it. b/c we type that in IM and don't you just say everything like you type it? of course, i call people by their email addresses too, even tho the UVA email addresses are a random string of numbers and letters. seriously, ask me some time. it's kinda creepy how many i can do. but anyways. so at some point it is brought to my attention that not everyone calls it the LS and that is weird, but it is now my thing and people take to it and associate it with me.

well one day, i see one of my 2L friends wearing a blue t-shirt that says "LS" in white block letters on the front. I AM ECSTATIC! I LOVE IT! i really really want this shirt.

fast forward to the end of the semester. i decide that i am going to borrow the shirt and wear it to our contracts final, which is the last final of our first semester. in addition, we are taking a section picture right after the exam and it's going to be the end of our first semester of law school and oh! everything is going to be fabulous! i am VERY excited about this. i talk about wearing this shirt for DAYS in advance. (perhaps i should have spent some of this time studying contract law.)

so i wear it the day of the exam, you all know how that goes, i flee before we take the section picture, there is no immortal image of me wearing this FABULOUS shirt OR of me with my section, whom i adore. it is all very tragic and i really truly seriously lament the lack of this picture for weeks.

but then....i borrow the shirt from andy again. i wear EXACTLY what i was wearing to the final (it was painful, but i was willing to pay that price) and have rob take pictures of me sitting in the front row of the classroom in which we had taken the exam, just as people had been doing that day. seriously. i have him take like 10 pictures, posing me in various spots, so that we have the best chance of getting one that will fit perfectly into the section I photo. (ahhh, the things rob has done for me. these are the friends you make in law school. these are the people it was worth failing contracts to meet.) then i have saunders photo-shop me in to the picture.


OH MY GOD! IT IS JUST LIKE I WAS THERE!!!!

the minute this showed up in my inbox was perhaps the best of my 1L year. gosh, it still makes me so happy to see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I thought I put a comment here. I love that you photoshopped yourself in. We don't have a section pitcure, as my section couldn't ever get it together for these things.

But I love that Jack is in a Santa hat. Well, I suppose that exam was like 3 days before Christmas, so it is nice to see someone getting in the mood.

Also, that contracts exam was the WORST EVER!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home