Wednesday, December 13, 2006

good luck, 1Ls!

well, and everyone else taking exams, but my story is about my 1L contracts final and i figured that is appropriate. it was my "buck up" email to a 1L friend the other day after the crim exam, and i figured i would pass it along.

whatever happens, here is the story of my contracts exam. there was a 2 hour essay question and i wrote 5 pages. literally. five pages. i fled the room after the exam, bolted from the school and sat in front of north grounds crying for about an hour. literally, wailing. no calmer, but realizing that everyone is probably leaving the school and i really don't want to miss everything going on that night and that i really also don't want to be alone at this time, i head back to the law school where only about 5 of my sectionmates are still around (i am still balling hysterically). well they had all taken a shot of jager, which i had obviously missed out on. jack hands me the remaining fourth or so of the bottle, just as a joke, telling me to take a swig and it'll help. i finish the bottle. i don't even like jager. and within 15 minutes i was the tipsy, blotchy red-faced girl with snot all over her shirt who was known for the rest of the year as "that girl who absolutely lost it after the contracts exam."

that was my contracts exam.

and the point is, i still have a job. you will too. some of this stuff sucks, but we all pull thru it in the end, with a bit of help from our friends and maybe the solace of alcohol every now and then.

so good luck thru the next week and a half to everyone and may you maintain your sanity and some degree of good cheer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

Ugh, our contracts exam was the WORST!!! It wasn't even a contracts exams. I think I might have written 5 pages too. I couldn't have written more, there was nothing to write about.

Oh god, memories flooding back... want to kill self...but...then...realize...it...doesn't...matter...at all...firm...I love...took...me anyhoo.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home