Friday, June 30, 2006

guess how many people i cried in front of at work today

7.5

that's both of the summer work flow coordinators, 3 of my co-summers, the attorney who has done the most work with me, and my secretary who asked if i had allergies or if i was crying. and the .5 is the guy who gave me the assignment that made me cry.

so we alllll know about the research assignment i haven't gotten anywhere with in 3 weeks. but how i just keep trying. which is kinda stupid b/c clearly these avenues aren't working. but i didn't know what else to do and when i asked for suggestions, they suggested things i had already tried.

anyways, i had my performance eval today. and they tell you that it will be fine, don't worry, etc etc. well, of course i cried. first it was just the welling up of tears that you struggle to keep under control, and then the meeting doesn't end within 12 seconds and you start crying, and then i can't stop. AND THEN they say nice things. well that doesn't help. that just sets me off again once i'm almost under control again. so anyways. that was my afternoon. and it sucked. EXCEPT that this way the one workflow coordinator decided we should call CA attorneys to see if they could help. and one man MIGHT HAVE HELPED! everyone else suggested the same old same old resources. but this man suggested something new! the bible of municipal law in california, he says! so it is being sent to me from CA and hopefully it will be here next week, but more importantly than that, hopefully it has the answer! but i suppose that the nice thing is that i have these next 4 days to hold out with my renewed sense of hope and believe that the answer is in the mail.

of course, i will be doing that in my apartment where the AC has not worked for 4 days and it was supposed to be fixed today, but it was not, so i will be sweating thru the next 3 days, which i had initially been very excited about b/c both my roommates would be out of town and it was going to be lovely vegging time, but so much for that theory. i am inviting myself to eli's tonight for AC but he does not know that. i am showing up and we are going to dinner with khang. i am showing up with PJs and a toothbrush. i figure that at that point he can't possibly get rid of me. right? well i hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home