Thursday, June 29, 2006

i think they have figured out where my strengths lie

it seems that my last few assignments have begun with the words, "it's not at all legal, but...." (ok, so it was just this last assignment.) i figure they would feel really bad giving these assignments to anyone else, but since they know what research questions are doing to me, well this is probably the way to go. this way (1) no one else has to do it, (2) i don't have to do anything legal, which makes it less likely that i will cry, and (3) no partner is left wondering why he never got an answer to that 10 hour research assignment he gave that summer 7 weeks ago. it works for everyone.

AND I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT WHAT I GOT!! i'm supposed to try to get a copy of a document from 20 years ago. FROM THE DC GOVERNMENT! i mean, there is no way this could go wrong! b/c they are totally efficient and well-organized and it won't matter that we don't know exactly what we're looking for! oh, and the staff is always pleasant and motivated! I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS! (i'm actually not kidding.) (yes i'm kidding about the part about the efficiency and all, but i'm not kidding about the excited about it.) basically, my task is to go down to the zoning office and act persistent, friendly, and uninformed and to make it clear that i am not leaving until i get this sheet of paper, but that i am perfectly happy to sit there all day. WELL I AM HAPPY TO SIT THERE ALL DAY! it is going to be great!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

Hey hey! That sounds like a great assignment! Lucky Laura. I wish I could go look for things, I'd be good at that. Sigh, I'm not good at the thing I am given. I'm getting worried about my work product. I don't think it is good. God, I'm too nervous.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, you might want to consider work in recruiting, Laura.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home