Tuesday, April 18, 2006

the problem with my blog

well, before any of you say it, i'll get it out of the way--i'm a terrible story teller.

but that wasn't the problem i was referring to. that problem was that people read it. probably not many people, but i am now aware of the fact that it is out there and people are reading it and so now i refuse to post. b/c i am worried they will think i am a terrible story teller. well yes, but that's true. and that my life is boring and sucks. also kinda true, but i enjoy it. well, maybe not much now b/c we're getting into that crappy finals time, tho i haven't really come to this recognition yet. well, i'm well aware of it, but i'm still not doing anything about it.

anyways, none of that was my point. i mean, yes, i am generally an erratic poster and whatnot, but i was just looking back thru my first month of posts, and my! what a delight i was! i mean, the stories might have sucked, but i think they were still endearing. very laura.

but now, i'm just not sure what to post about. which is partially just the erratic nature of my posting and when i feel like saying things, and the fact that some things that i enjoy, i don't really feel like trying to explain. (for example, i was the best witness ever in a trial ad class today. i got me a quarter of a million dollars b/c them bastards over there wronged me. and i like to think b/c i am very likeable and the jury couldn't bring themselves to watch me suffer any longer).

but i am even more sensitive about this now that people read. for example, one of the stories i could tell about today i cannot tell b/c it involves a boy that i love and i would live in fear that he would find out somehow that i had written about him on my blog and then he would know that i love him, if he doesn't already. altho if you can't figure out that i love you, well you're a moron b/c i'm not very subtle. altho i may not love him after today, but i can't go into that whole story b/c this is out there for the world to see. (also, in case you're wondering--it's not a very good story.)

so in addition to the fact that i'm worried that people will read things i don't want them to know and that they will think that i am a big fat loser, my other fear is that they will say mean things. someone posted mean things last week and i was very very very upset. i nearly cried. i couldn't take copyright notes for the rest of the class period and i was very disoriented and i learned that i take things too personally and am not cut out for blogging. except i sure do love the look of my own font.

so i guess i'll just be erratic and you can deal with my neuroses (also read: endearing charm) whenever you damned well feel like it. if i can put in a pitch for myself, i'd recommend the early archives. they're pretty great.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

Well, I like your stories. They amuse me. Screw everyone else. As long as your blog amuses me, all is well. :)

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with her. Keep up the posting. Don't let the haters get you down.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't stop posting. I enjoy your posts, as well as your comments on my blog, which you should feel free to do as often as you'd like. (This is one of the only times I will ever be serious in an internet posting, so treasure it). By the way, I wasn't trying to steal your diet coke at lunch today; I swear.
Also, I'm glad there was no flame war. I would have hated to see the arms race that would have accompanied the escalation of hostilities. :)

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to steal your diet coke when you least expect it.

2:13 PM  
Blogger laura said...

no one was going to steal anyone's diet coke. i was trying to do like 8 things at once and i was totally disoriented and i had put the diet coke down to stir my soup and when i got back there were like a thousand people and i just picked up my diet coke and wandered off. i didn't even notice who was around b/c when i get disoriented, well i'm disoriented. frequently, i also actually don't look at people's faces. it's another reason i have so little idea what is going on around me.

but if you do steal my diet coke, and i have paid for it already, then i will hesitate not at all to kick your ass. also, i am vicious.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home