Tuesday, January 24, 2006

another commercial that irks me

there's this one about wendy's dollar menu and the people keep referring to things as tho they are items on the menu. so like an $85 ticket is worth 85 frosties, or the girl makes "6 cheeseburgers an hour." but then the man tells his wife that she looks like a million chicken nuggets. but i'm assuming that you get about 4 or 5 chicken nuggets in your $1 order. so this man just told his wife that she looks like some fraction of a million dollars and i just think that's wrong b/c it's like you went out of your way to alter the phrase so that your wife looks less good than she would have looked if you had just said something normal. and that's not nice. i mean, at least do the math and tell your wife she looks like 4 million chicken nuggets.

i suppose this is just another example of why men are poorly-equipped to deal with women.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I think I would laugh my ass off if Aaron told me I looked like a million chicken nuggets. That would be funny.

Of course, Aaron and I are weird. This is a well documented fact.

Like we were watching the preview for next week's Sex and the City where the rabbi shuts the door in Charlotte's face, and I told Aaron that I would kick down the door and kick the rabbi's ass if they try that shit with me when I'm converting. He said he'd have my back. It's funny, but odd.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"that's wrong b/c it's like you went out of your way to alter the phrase so that your wife looks less good than she would have looked if you had just said something normal." Ha! Brilliant I tell you.

Thanks for coming back.
-- Timmy

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home