Sunday, February 11, 2007

regret

so i'm sure you remember all of last spring, when i was playing the best game of assassins ever played. god i was great. well, they are doing it again this year, and not a single person from last year's final five is playing again. i really thought about it, but i was just terrified that i wouldn't do as well, and those of us who all did so well last year have become friends in the past year, and we've also become much more aware of each other and things like where we all live, etc etc. plus i was not sure i was ready to tap into the crazy again, so i figured i would just stay out of it.

only as i watch other people, it's starting to kill me.

for example, jared said he would play and i could serve as his coach. and then he said that he wouldn't wear any of the immunities. THAT'S NO WAY TO PLAY! YOU'LL BE DEAD IN NO TIME FLAT! i just refuse to associate with someone who would play that kind of game. losers, we would call them. and weak of heart. hell, i think we all know that the immunities were my favorite part of the game.

well then there is lexi, who really is playing. and last night she was saying that she will play a purely defensive game (only wearing immunities and never killing anyone). i also loathe that kind of player. you're not doing any good for the game if you're just going to loiter around and not take anyone out! that's why i was wearing all that crap for over 2 months last year! people like that! people without heart! criminey.

only i just looked at lexi's away msg and she is saying that she is going to throw the game on the first day b/c she can't bring herself to leave the house to get a nametag. THE FIRST IMMUNITY IS A NAMETAG AND SHE CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THAT WITH THE THINGS IN HER HOUSE?!!? "hi my name is lexi." done. "how will i attach it?" she asks. "paper, marker, safety pin," i say. who needs to leave the house? seriously, you can't come up with that on your own, i think you might as well throw the game on the first day. you're never making it anywhere! the faint of heart bowed out at sunglasses and hats last year. those of us with savvy wore party hats (eliminating the sweaty head problem) and clear sunglasses that wouldn't drive us crazy indoors.

so now not only am i crushed by the general lack of assassins savvy out there (no offense, lex), but i also think i'm going to want to take over lexi's game. see, i find this really sad b/c lexi had such potential. and now i wonder, could i just pretend i AM lexi for the next two months, or do i have to just coach her thru everything? find their schedules, their home addresses, meet their friends, and then just walk her thru everything?

see? oh my god. now i just can't decide if the crazy brought out by NOT playing is more or less than the crazy brought out by playing.

how tempted am i to just wear a nametag tomorrow?

REALLY tempted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

Well, I've changed my mind about the defensive only game. I got the nametag on, it's bright green as that was the only color of non-lined paper I own. I think I need more, though, because I realized I am vulnerable to and from school when my coat covers my nametag (ad the nametag must be clearly visable). And I'm so annoyed at myself since I think I saw my target without a nametag in the hall and I forgot a sock because I was peeved at Aaron for leavng the oven on all last night. Curses!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home