Sunday, February 04, 2007

trouble

it is not even a week into feb club and i have both gotten sick AND gained about 8 pounds. of course, as someone else pointed out, this is probably b/c we geared up for feb club with two solid weeks of fun and drinking and not eating well and whatnot, and the reality is that this semester is just going to be no good.

but i have additional cause for concern. for me, feb club always brings with it the fear of the flu. see, my first year, probably about a week and a half into february, i got the flu. only i had had a flu shot, so i was quite determined that it was not the flu and i come from a family of doctors where you do not skip school or work unless you are truly dying (my mom once sent me to school when i was about 8 b/c she did not think i was really sick, and then i threw up on the girl next to me on the bus, which is why i figure i was not popular for the next decade of schooling in baton rouge, tho maybe i was doomed before that), and it was my first year of law school and i figured i should suck it up, so i soldiered thru the weekend and then resumed going to class on tuesday. where ajeet informed me that i had the flu and i should get the hell away from all of my sectionmates and get myself to health services as soon as possible.

i have a feeling that i'm the first person who has ever burst into tears in health services when they tell you that you're going to have to miss class. but in the end, i really took to having the flu. they gave me a miracle drug that had me cured in like a day and a half, but that still left me with 4 days of sleeping all day and not leaving my apartment. i'll be honest, it was a little difficult to get back into the groove of class the next week.

so the point was initially that i was hoping i wasn't really sick. but now that i've remembered that week in my bed w/o any guilt. hm. maybe it's the flu!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

Ah, yes, the children of doctors who don't think their children are actually sick and make them go to school where they throw up.

I've thrown up about once per year all through grade and middle school. On the school bus, in class, occassionally I'd make it to the bathroom, sometimes in the hall on the way to the bathroom, on the swingsets. You know.

But in my parents defense I did try to fake sickness all the time. I was very much the girl who cried wolf, so they weren't going to trust when I was actually sick.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Dellis said...

quit the makin out

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home