Wednesday, January 31, 2007

outfitting dilemmas, already

i would like to reiterate that i am very upset the whole feb club calendar is not up yet. as an added problem of the whole figuring out what to wear, now i am worried that i will wear something early that would work out better later on.

for example, tonight's dilemma (feb club eve) is: casual or formal? i have a really cute shirt i wore for NYE this year. it's awesome. BUT i can also wear it all the time to bar review or to any old party. AND i will be toasty warm in jeans. ON THE OTHER HAND, i can wear the dress i wore to my commencement ball for college, a dress which i loved, but thought i would never again be able to wear, for multiple reasons. for starters, it's just not quite exactly right. and for seconders, it's a few sizes too big now, but i figure that's close enough for feb club. and for thirders, if you're going to wear formal dresses, well you want to buy something new. so even tho i will be cold, it can be one last hurrah for this dress.

as a side note, the last dress i had that i loved like this was probably my junior year of high school prom dress, which had it's final farewell the same week as the commencement ball, at the gatsby balll (part of BC's senior week, which was like a week of feb club, but where everyone does everything and there is no down time. god it was awesome.) anyways, that dress, which may be the best dress i will ever own in my life, met it's end the night of the gatsby ball when i decided to play some football in front of my dorm with some boys i vaguely knew while wearing a fitted formal dress. i'll be honest, now that i'm thinking about that, i've kinda got high expectations for tonight. i wasn't planning on drinking that much, but to end the night like that, well i'll have to drink enough to not notice that it's about 20 degrees out there AND enough to decide that playing football is a good idea. HAHA! that last part is a joke b/c i think football is a good idea now and i've only had half a beer. but anyways.

anyways, i think i'm leaning to formal, tho it does leave me with the (1) fear of freezing, and (2) fear of maybe looking a little stupid, (3) deep concern that there will be some better theme for this dress later in the month. tho if this dress is perfect, i've actually probably got another 8 in my closet that are also perfect. formal it is! i am really glad we had that chat. as for the part about feeling stupid and freezing to death, i figure that's just the perfect way to jump start feb club b/c i better get used to it fast.

as for the second costuming dilemma. friday night's party is at cabell, which is where i spend about a third of my drinking evenings, as some of my good friends live there. but that is beside the point. the theme is "welcome to the jungle." well i was a bit stymied. my first thought was shreds of leopard printed fabric and that is a terrible idea. and one i would never execute. and one i'm sure dozens of other girls will. but then i thought, "how close is a dinosaur to a jungle creature?" and that is the dilemma as it now stands. so, i pose the question to you--could i pass as an alligator? (is an alligator even a jungle creature?) could i be a dinosaur in a prehistoric jungle? or would i just be some girl, desperately trying to get more mileage out of what she is firmly convinced was the cutest halloween costume ever, kid in the chicken costume be damned?

as a side note, i thought for sure i would work diligently til going to feb club, as i did in years past. but now i have just screwed around, ever since leaving the LS at 3pm. tho maybe that has nothing to do with the anticipation of feb club, and everything to do with the fact that i pretty much screw around after 3pm every monday and wednesday and after noon every tuesday and thursday. oh yes, now i remember. i'm a 3L.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I wish I had time to screw around. However, it isn't like I'm doing reading. I haven't read at all in most of my classes. I'm just busy with every other goddamn thing in the law school. And I haven't slept in 3 days for some reason, so I'm moving slowly. And all I want to do is nap no, but I'm in Fed Courts. And I'm thinking of skipping copyright today. But it's not like I can nap in the law school.

Sigh.

And yes, boo on the Feb Club calendar not being up, I like to save my steam for the Feb club parties that seem the best!!! And I don't know if I should go now, or wait. I only have steam for like 6 parties!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home