Thursday, December 07, 2006

straight from the source

we have received a comment from the girl with the snackbar, and here is what she has to say--

Dearest friends of the snackbar,

It was my friend and I who had the 'buffet' for a passle of our friends and random wanderers to munch on; though, contrary to popular myth, we did not in fact have a George Foreman grill. (But what a good idea, right?) :) We don't mind any mocking at all; We're sure our plight is an understandable one - we needed a hot Pop Tart like whoah (and we attempted to choose carefully foods which would not smell or crinkle too much), and offered to our neighbors, though they regretfully did not take us up on it. So now we've relocated, but if you see us again with our bag of relatively unhealthy breads, cookies and cheeses, you are *more* than welcome to partake.

P.S. Oh, oh, and someone had said that we were *selling* our foody wares. Not so, my friends! Though we do not in fact take orders, we provide our caloric neighborliness free of charge.
see, i was totally right! also, this sounds much like the roni to me, tho there is no way it was, as the people i knew discussing this would have referred to her by name. but i'm just saying, that is a voice i enjoy. perhaps you would too.

and now i want a pop-tart. there are no pop-tarts in my home. phoo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

That does sound like the Roni, but you are correct, they would have just said the name then. I am curious about this smorgasbord (sp?) in the library and if I hadn't shoved my face at Prof. Kane's (they had my favorite kind of salad and you don't realize how much your body want home-cooked goodness until you have eaten nothing but frozen pizza for weeks and oh God, vegetables, I never thought I'd want broccoli THAT MUCH) I'd go searching now. But I digress. The point being that I heart this person with the 'brary buffet even though I have no clue who she is. But tomorrow, I am determined to seek and snack.

How can you not heart those that bring food to the library with the intent of sharing with anyone who happens upon their delights!?

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no, I can assure you that it was not the Roni - as I would've had no qualms about taking a picture of that and sending it around to the 3L listserve.

In any event, if this is a real e-mail from the "1L buffet," then kudos to them. At first I thought y'all might be crazy, but it seems I was the Scrooge of fall 1L exam studying and lost sight of the big picture. As a sign of conciliation, I am going to eat an especially large meal in the library tomorrow. w00t w00t!

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people!
Christmas Day falls on December 25. It is preceded by Christmas Eve on December 24, and in some countries is followed by Boxing Day on December 26. Some Eastern Orthodox Churches celebrate Christmas on January 7, which corresponds to December 25 on the Julian calendar. December 25 as a birthdate for Jesus is merely traditional, and is not thought to be his actual date of birth.Sincerely

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home