Wednesday, December 27, 2006

christmastime fun!

yes, i could be talking about going out and drinking with all my friends from high school, only i don't have any friends left from high school (i'm not missing much, trust me). and i could be talking about watching movies (tonight's pick: sahara) and doing puzzles with my parents, but that would make me look like a loser. (oops. i guess that cat's out of the bag.) but instead what i mean is watching my sitemeter say that people are visiting from places more exotic than cville, now that we have all dispersed from the mother ship. actually, that's not the fun part. then i try to figure out who is whom. ok, so this does not sound like fun, but i am really not wanting to work on my cite check and my neck was starting to hurt from working on the puzzle.

but this is made infinitely more difficult by the fact that not only do i not actually know who reads this (i always thought it was just 8 people who i knew pretty well), but also by the fact that the city i think people live in is not necessarily where their internet connection registers. unfortunately, even with these complications, this is a game that is either easy, or which feeds into my crazy.

so "wynnewood, PA" is pretty easy b/c she visits 18 times a day. has to be lexi. khang gave himself away by visiting when we were IMing, so i know that he comes up as DC. plus, his comments are pretty distinctive. after what i had initially said, i've decided that the cville that is still at virginia.edu is pai, b/c he is back in town and is totally nerd enough to be back at the library working on stuff. also, he's supposed to leave me a book, so i can't complain. [ok, so i initially i had said the person was jared b/c it sounded like a comment he would make and for some reason, it made sense to me that jared would still be in cville, but then i decided that there was something wrong with that and i changed it, but it turns out that it was jared and he is in cville and did leave a comment and now i would like to say that i am very psychic, but also too second doubty.] i can't figure out who the person still in ivy gardens is, but i'm going to have to guess it isn't someone i know b/c shouldn't law students all be at home with their families? but today's great mystery is "hingham, MA," which is made more interesting by the fact that i swear this person visits w/in 2 minutes of my checking my sitemeter. literally, every time i go to my sitemeter, someone from hingham, MA is probably still reading my blog. anyways, i have who i would like to think this is, but really, MA is full of all sorts of little towns with all sorts of internet access and i would not have ever thought that this person read my blog and i am always torn b/t if i would want people to or not, and you would think that would keep me from posting all of these things that only make my crazy clearer, but of course they do not, and so here i am again, posting about the crazy and only making the situation worse. oh well. i figure if you're going to be my friend, it's only about 2 minutes before you've figured this out for yourself. ok, so that doesn't even begin to explain it. the truth is more like if you're standing across a bar from me, it's probably 30 seconds before you've figured this out for yourself.

anyways, to hingham, MA and all other readers out there, i hope that you won't not be my friend just b/c i am crazy.

[also, i am going to be way busier for the rest of break, so you don't need to worry about me doing this every day. i promise. but today stretched out before me like an empty...well a 24 hour span w/ nothing to fill it. you get my point.]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll own up to Ivy. My family's far away, Hanukkah was pretty much over by the time 1L exams wrapped up, and J-term means my break's too short to bother with the trip. Plus it's cold there, and it's not cold here.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Lexi said...

You are right with the Wynnewood, PA thing. Except when I first saw it on my site meter, I flipped out because I thought my parents had found the blog, but then I realized it was Aaron.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Except it seems my in-laws found mine. Goody. Especially since I posted about bra shopping the day they found it. Just what I need.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is one of the very best I've ever read! It's consistently witty and hilarious. In my book, we've been friends ever since you and Anthony gave me an on-the-spot hearing test at Barrister's...and that was before I ever even read your blog! Keep up the great work.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home