Tuesday, December 26, 2006

another reason ice age 2 is the best movie ever

i can't believe i had forgotten this piece of dialogue--

Sid: Maybe we could rapidly evolve into water creatures.
Diego: That's genius, Sid.
Sid: Call me Squid.

HE WANTED HIS NICKNAME TO BE "SQUID"!!!!! LIKE I WANT MY NICKNAME TO BE SQUID!!!!

see, all the cool kids are doing it.

also, i noticed that much like my friends never remember to call me by my chosen nickname, neither did his friends. i guess it's just the curse of such a great nickname.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think he wanted the nickname Squid. In context, he was referring to their rapid evolution into water creatures; the "Squid" is in reference to Sid being a newly evolved water creature. For example:

Laura: I have the entirety of the No Child Left Behind Act memorized and analyzed in my head.
Friend: Wow, that's genius, Laura!
Laura: Call me Jim Ryan.

Obviously, Laura isn't seeking to take the nickname "Jim Ryan," but rather seeks to identify herself with Jim Ryan's vast knowledge of education law.

6:08 PM  
Blogger laura said...

khang! the above poster is you! and no one is believing otherwise.

what's wrong with the nickname i picked for myself? other than the usual argument that you're not allowed to pick your own nickname. touche. (pronounced: "toosh," obviously.)

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home