Monday, December 25, 2006

the long (and sugar-laden) journey home

so i must have been the last person to leave cville, as i did not fly out til about 4pm on saturday. fortunately, this left me contending with no one else for cabs or window seats on the flight out. unfortunately, this did not make me any more impervious to flight delays and i then proceeded to spend 4 or so hours in the charlotte airport. now i love the charlotte airport as much as the next person (probably more, b/c i actually really like airports and charlotte is one of my favorites, what with those rocking chairs an all), but on this particular occasion, i decided that i would eat my way thru a tub of fudge, and it was particularly brutal. at some point i quit looking up at the departure board, since every time i did so, the flight was delayed again. i was quite pleased to make it out of CLT, having died from neither boredom nor the over-consumption of sugar. thank god.

well, the last two days have been fraught with the same difficulties, and i am not sure i will survive. particularly the sugar. my mother was supposed to starve me skinny, and she mostly upheld her end of not putting tasty deliciousness in the house, only the silly people always love to send their doctors things for christmas and these things are generally 99% sugar and well, i cannot resist sugar. speaking of which, it has been minutes since i ate something that could send me into a diabetic coma. i’d better go get something out of the kitchen.

[seriously, will y'all still love me if i don't fit thru doorways when we return for next semester? b/c i'm not sure this is such a silly fear.]

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I'll still love you. My mother bought 3 bags of Rolos to fill the various candy bowls around the house and yet, although she bought these bags mere days before our arrival, there was not a Rolo to be found in the house. And then she was lamenting the fact she ate 3 bags of Rolos. But then, in a true stroke of hilarity, I happened to see a grocery list on the counter that featured "Rolos" prominently. Well, at least she is eating them all so I won't.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home