Tuesday, November 21, 2006

endorsement: ZydeCo.

so a couple of months ago i implored you to support a little bit of my home town flavor and keep alive a new business in a historically doomed locale. well, i am asking you to do so again.

lexi, aaron and i just ate at ZydeCo., the new cajun-y restaurant on the corner, and i think that in an hour and a half i undid the months of gym-going. but it was an hour and a half of amazing food! three courses, each of which i raved about thru the duration of its consumption. (this is how i am when i like things. i’m sure you never would have guessed.) and i am not much for detailing meals, but it is my blog, so i am just going to tell you what i ate and that it was AMAZING!

i started with an abita purple haze, which i am not sure i had ever had, and don’t tell anyone else from baton rouge b/c i think that makes it ok for them to turn me away at the borders next time i try to go visit my family, but golly, i sure like me some abita purple haze and i will have to return to zydeco to have one every now and again.

then on to my appetizer—the calamari. now i love me some squid, i do. i order it lots. but this was FABULOUS calamari. spicy and crispy but not too crispy and there was a yummy remoulade sauce, which was very good, but then i had to grapple with masking the taste of the PHENOMENALLY SEASONED calamari under the sauce. somehow i survived.

then on the my entrée, the crawfish etoufee. WHICH WAS SO AMAZINGLY TASTILY GOOD. really, so good. i can’t explain it, but i ate every single last bite.

and then i had to eat a chocolate lava cake alone b/c i was trying to peer pressure lexi and aaron into splitting it three ways and they had their foolish little hearts set on beignets (which they enjoyed), but my palate was not going to be denied chocolate, and so i succumbed. and it was also very delightful to eat. or VERY DELIGHTFUL TO EAT.

anyways, that was my meal and i would encourage all of you to go to ZydeCo. and have yourselves a fabulous meal.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that place! I can't believe you didn't invite me.

8:25 PM  
Blogger laura said...

well of course you're invited, anonymous! don't be silly. i'll just call you on the bat phone next time we go out to dinner.

9:57 PM  
Blogger KC said...

You're from Baton Rouge? Cool. I'm from Hammond. I'll have to check out that place. :)

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home