Friday, October 27, 2006

laura and the terrible horrible no good very bad day

so i was just in a really bad mood today, for a number of reasons, but probably mostly b/c i was just in a very bad mood. but i get really unpleasant when i am in bad moods. and i think that i am generally pleasant and upbeat and whatnot, but ooooooh, woe unto you when i am really grumpy. i am hoping this is over by tomorrow. it had actually subsided, but then reared its ugly head again at bar review, but tomorrow is apple picking and how could that put you in anything other than a great mood? but none of that is the point of my story, which is about the worst haircut EVER. and not that the haircut is bad, but that it was one of the worst experiences ever. fie on this woman!

so i went and the woman who wound up taking me was neither the first nor the second person who was supposed to get me. which is fine, but this woman had been standing about the receptionist area, so i don’t trust her too much. and then she asks me a bunch of questions that give me no confidence in her expertise, after i have made it quite clear that i am just a girl who occassionally uses a hair dryer on my hair and i am totally willing to defer to her expertise. and then she proceeds to just complain about my old haircut. fine fine, but it was done by that woman we see standing right behing us. and then she cuts my hair in like 4 minutes. which is saying something. b/c while it may not be difficult to cut my hair, well that's a little ridiculous. then, she starts to dry it w/o the use of any styling products. now this is fine, sure, except that isn’t part of the whole point of going to get your hair cut, that they’re going to make it look as good as it's ever going to look until you come in the next time? in the end my hair looks much like my hair always looks, only she has managed to jerk my head uncomfortably a number of times and in the end, the sides look totally uneven. bad enough i say something. which is pretty bad. well she gets all upset with me and proceeds to dry the hell out of it for another 10 minutes, to curl it evenly. this involves scratching my neck with the wire bristles of the brush a number of times and hitting me in the head with the hairdryer once or twice. and then, while she stands immediately between me and the mirror, so that all i can see is her, she tugs on my hair, in that way they do to make sure it is even, pulling it together at my neck and pinching the skin of my neck between her fingers a bunch of times, telling me, “see?” to prove that it is even. OF COURSE I CAN’T SEE! YOU’RE STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. oh, and we never go back and do any other cutting after it's dry. none of the shaping and refining and double checking or the sculpting shaping scissors. none of that. just four minutes of straight scissors and a bunch of physical abuse.

worst. haircut. ever.

yick.

so here's to a better mood tomorrow. keep your fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should comment more on how those dashing gentlemen in Scott Commons were an oasis in the desert of your day.
-Earl & Pearl Squirrel

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it at the Aveda salon at Barracks Road? I had a similar experience there several months ago ... the lady yelled at me and told me, when I said there was still more hair on my head than I wanted, "there's a lot of hair on the floor, too." Ah, the perils of salon-hopping. If only I could make an appointment more than 24-hours in advance.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home