Tuesday, September 19, 2006

halloween

yes, i know it is only mid-september, but halloween has been very seriously brought to my attention today. i say "very seriously" b/c i have been thinking about it for a while. i am nearly in a panic about what to be this year. last year, at this time, i had known what i would be for approximately 9.5 months. and i loved it. so there is a lot of pressure, but i have been managing to fend it off.

until today. when i went to the target, which was FULL of halloween stuff. now i am ok with the costumes. i am a bit upset that there are aisles of halloween candy b/c seriously, who is buying their candy more than a week in advance? it's just silly.

anyways, so i was looking at the costumes. costumes for adults pretty much suck. on the other hand, there is some pretty good stuff out there for dogs and for children. i found a dog costume that is a lobster! it's just a hat and then little paw cuffs. so you know what i did? i ducked into an aisle, tho still visible to a group of people, to see if it would fit on my head. it did not. i am sure they were not at all concerned about the girl trying to cram her head into a costume meant for a pug in the middle of september.

well then i found this:

now i know that it doesn't look that amazing right here. BUT IT IS! you have to trust me on this. it fits over the head of a child and then that child is a dinosaur. and you'll probably see this fairly soon b/c, unfortunately, this fabulous costume was not located in the relative privacy of the target.

rather, it was in the very front of the teeter. but i saw it and i simply HAD to try it. you should have seen me eyeing this thing for like 5 minutes and wandering around produce trying to find a corner where i could shove my upper body into a dinosaur costume designed for children weighing 42-66 pounds. yes, i checked. and i did the math. i realized that i weighed over twice the upper body limit. it did not deter me. sticking my arms in did, but only because i could imagine myself getting stuck in the thing and needing help to get out. i briefly considered calling lexi to see if she could drive out to the teeter near the target and help me try to worm my way into a costume designed for 42-66 pounds. in the end i decided that i have over a month to drag someone out to do so. the other problem with lexi is that lexi will probably decide that she wants to be the pony or something and her 14 inch waist will fit right into the pony costume and i will be very upset that lexi can have my costume.

anyways, before i wind up trying to actually do this for real, does anyone have any suggestions for me? keeping in mind that i like to be weird things for halloween. past costumes have included a pencil, a christmas tree (this is what happens when you wait til october 31 to get a costume and there is nothing left in the halloween aisle), an aquarium, and, of course, a ladybug. (i would post a picture, but it would take me another 2 hours to figure out how to put 2 pictures in one post. it already took me 30 minutes to get the first one in.)

OH, and in other news--there are actually aisles of christmas things up at target. THAT IS SO DISTURBING I DO NOT EVEN NEED TO GO INTO HOW DISTURBING IT IS!

that is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I have no idea what to be for Halloween! Oh dear I hadn't thought of this! I wish I had been there, but I would have only encouraged you to shove yourself into a children's costume and that couldn't have ended well.

Also, it is the most disturbing thing ever that they are already selling Christmas stuff! Come on! Well, maybe I can buy a Christmas tree this year. Except in our apartment it will be a Chrismakah tree-bush.

12:03 AM  
Blogger laura said...

THAT'S WHY I WANTED YOU THERE! that way there would be someone to get me OUT when i managed to get myself stuck! you better believe we're doing this some day soon. seriously, i figure with a pair of scissors, this costume can fit laura-sized people.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home