Tuesday, September 05, 2006

no one accumulates lexis points like i accumulate lexis points

so the other day i was wondering if i could sign up for 1L lexis training. i just don't think it's fair that i don't have those point opportunities, just b/c i've already learned how to run a basic search. and lexis doesn't have comparable training opportunities right now for 2Ls and 3Ls (westlaw does--ajeet and i went just yesterday).

so today i asked my lexis reps. i mean, they were just standing there at a table, peddling their wares and handing out skittles. so i asked.

AND THE ANSWER IS YES! so i have just signed up for 1L Lexis training, Part 1. i haven't yet signed up for Part 2, but you better believe that move is right around the corner, as each is 200 points. i mean, just think of the things i can do with 200 points!

actually, that's part of the problem. i indiscriminately accrue these things, grasping for them at every possible opportunity. but i don't actually have any idea what i want to get. it's almost an advantage of westlaw that you have so few options. out of the nothing, it wasn't tough for me to pick my bagless vacuum. now i think i'm going for an aero-bed, tho i'm not quite sure. but with lexis, you have all of amazon at your fingertips. it's just a lot to deal with.

anyways. i would also like to give a shout-out to myself. since the start of the semester, i have already amassed 1550 lexis points. i mean, that's insane! to be fair, about 1000 of them were saved from this summer, but that's beside the point. it's barely september and i've almost achieved elite status! it's almost like i'm ajeet!

i'm kinda kicking myself for having not started doing this until my second year, b/c i'm pretty sure that 3 whole years worth of points would have gotten me a pony.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I wish I was the lexis superstar you are. Especially since you got a vacuum out of it, and I need one.

But anyhoo, I'd like to see a lexis pony.

10:12 PM  
Blogger laura said...

lexi, anyone can be a lexis superstar. all you need is dedication. as a starting point, you can join me for 1L training this thursday at 2pm.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home