Saturday, August 26, 2006

what to do with myself

ok, so today i finally sat down and looked at my class schedule for the semester. now there are a few obvious problems with it. (1) it contains 7 classes. but not really b/c 2 are short courses and one meets like 3 times all semester, so that doesn't count. (2) i have a 9am every day of the week except friday. unfortunately, these are classes i have my heart set on. the thing is that i am not a morning person. i think a 10am would be good to force me to get my lazy ass out of bed at a decent hour. but 9am is pushing it. i'm starting to think that maybe i'll just wake up at 8:45, run to class, hope there is no one there, and just hurry home afterwards, unseen by anyone so that it doesn't matter that i am unshowered and still wearing my pajamas.

but the real question is what to do with myself all of that time i am not in class. because, with the exception of a monday evening class and a thursday 10:30-12:30, i have nothing else. meaning that i pretty much have ALL FLIPPIN' DAY monday, tuesday, wednesday and friday to do other things. only, what other things?

  • it's not like i'll even want to be at the law school, which means that i may never see people.
  • i was thinking that maybe i should get a job at a retail store, but let's be honest, i don't really want to get a job, even if it would come with a clothing discount.
  • there's the golf plan, but that's not really going to happen all that often. does anyone want to make a standing golf date with me for once a week?
  • maybe i could actually start to work out or something. once again, let's not hold our breath.
  • make real, healthy meals for dinner, rather than calling some cottage cheese and half a carrot cake "dinner."
  • i could read real books, but that seems lazy, and all evidence points to the fact that i won't really do that either.
  • oh, maybe i could do the Big Sister thing. except that kids scare me. well, the pressure of coming up with things to do and hoping that they don't hate me scares me.
  • general volunteer work. maybe with pets. i read something recently about someone volunteering at the SPCA.
  • pro bono work. maybe there is the capacity for both good and legal work, lurking deep within me.

really the fact of the matter is that i have had nothing to do all week and i have done nothing at all. well, i have things to do, but i am not actually doing them. for example, i am still living in my den of filth, over which multiple suitcases simply exploded and i have put nothing away in the week since i have been home. and it really is a disaster area. you know it's bad when i say it is a disaster area. i am even getting bored with TV, but i can't really come up with anything else to do. it's the saddest thing ever. i'm hoping i won't be as lazy once everyone is back in town and i have some semblance of structure in my life, but i guess that remains to be seen. and i suppose there is also the fact that there will be all sorts of things that leap out of the woodwork, like journal work, and that i will be taking 14 hours and oh crap that i have to write a paper this semester and i have not written a paper in years and this is going to probably be really terrible and ok, well that is what i will spend 40 hours a week sucking at doing. i'm really glad i remembered that.

but still, if you have any suggestions, send them along!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

Come with me to work out! I feel like a loser because all the other girls come with friends and no one comes with me, and yes I haven't asked anyone because I am somewhat embarrassed by how much of a spaz I am, but you already know I am a spaz, so it really won't be that bad.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home