Wednesday, May 03, 2006

things i found in my notes this semester

So, frightening as it is, sometimes my friends relied on me for notes this semester. That fact is evident in the notes I take. The first example is from Mass Torts, 9am the day after the Libel Show's opening night. Truly, I took notes for 15 people. I titled the word doc I mailed out "MT notes for your drunk asses." At lunch today, a friend alerted me to her favorite note from that day--

  • and then we talk some more about if we like this or not. But I’ve got email to reply to. And you didn’t show up anyways, so you can’t really give me a hard time. And after like 15 minutes, KF says that the whole thing is irrelevant.

In the email, I also explained to them, "there was waaaayyy less note taking than usual b/c there was lots of chatter about how we feel and what we think. i don’t take that shit down. and it involved lots of waving hands. i know how we love waving hands." And it's the truth, I don't take notes when we talk about what we think. And hypos. Don't take notes on those either. The problem? These are exactly the things on which exams are premised. Oooooh well.

But worse than that one example is the fact that an entire group of us relied on me for PR notes for half the semester. Somehow, my enthusiasm waned after that. But in the time I took the notes, I made sure everyone remembered that I knew I was doing this for them.

  • How much information is covered by the privilege? (I think, you people kept IMing me. I’m sure it wasn’t crucial)
  • what about loyalty? OK, well I’ve missed some stuff b/c of Rudy’s email and Anthony’s computer screen. Blame yourselves, jerks.
  • Rule 1.7, comment 24—the new comment is a bit confusing. Seems to go two ways. And I didn’t exactly get what it says, but you’re literate, go read it.

And then there's the note that I just like cuz I think it's funny.

  • well now we’ve already got a problem b/c lawyer BigMouth told Jill about the confidential info.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I love the "but you’re literate, go read it" line.

Too funny.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home