Sunday, November 20, 2005

big day

well, i may not be doing schoolwork, but i have managed to find something moderately productive to do. today is the day i'm switching out my summer wardrobe for my winter wardrobe. it's fun in that it reminds you of all those things you didn't even remember you owned. simultaneously, i try to weed out a few articles of clothing to get rid of. in many cases, this is quite easy. those pants you know will never again look right on your butt or a sweater set you can't even recall the last time you wore. but there are a few items that always p0se some real problems. i have a number of items that i haven't worn in years, but that i just can't bring myself to get rid of. today, i have finally come to part with a sleeveless hooded t-shirt that must have been following me since my freshman year of college. i can't even explain why i haven't been able to get rid of it all these years, but i haven't. i am still holding on to a tan sweater set. i believe it was the first sweater set i ever owned and it's still so great. except it has managed to shrink, so that it only covers about half of my stomach. when you have a stomach like mine, this is not a good thing. and yet it sits in my closet, year after year. oh well.

the other thing making this task particularly difficult this year is that i am spending two weeks over christmas in hawaii and hopefully the week of spring break in some tropical locale. as such, i do not want to put all of my summer clothes away b/c i'm not going to want to root them out when the time comes. and i'm not willing to make many decisions about what i might want to wear for those occasions. so i've still got nearly a full closet of summer stuff and i don't know where my winter clothes are going to go.

anyways, this was a completely worthless post. i apologize. but now i'm thinking of hawaii again and that's always fun. mmmm, fun in the sun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

You just need to prganize you closet so that the summer clothes are still accessible, but perhaps a little less accessible. My summer to winter change is really just moving things around (how I got it all to fit into the closet, I don't know, I am living in fear of the moment Aaron and I move in together and have to share a closet) So the winter clothes will be hung first on the rack, with the summer right behind.

This reminds me, I need to do this. Sigh. I should have done this today instead of being a waste of space.

6:17 PM  
Blogger laura said...

you clearly don't have as many clothes as me. both seasons of clothes can't fit in the closet simultaneously. and i don't even unpack most of the sweaters. most of the sweaters stay in a big plastic box in the middle of my room. it's quite a system.

also, i love typos. they make me laugh.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home