Friday, November 18, 2005

i have a sickness

i have recently become addicted to accruing lexis and westlaw points.

see, i never cared about this at all until i mentioned to ajeet how many points i had and innocently asked what it could buy me. he said it was something like two toasters and half a blender. and then i really started looking into it. i could get an IPOD nano with my points.

thus began the sickness. a sickness which is starting to consume my life. a sickness which is truly pathetic.

you wouldn't believe the amount of time i spend every day trying to figure out if there is any other way i could earn some lexis/westlaw points. in the last hour, i have earned myself about 550 westlaw points. this is in addition to the approximately 200 i earned during the daylight hours. and i'm already plotting what i can do when the lexis rep gets into the office in the morning.

I DON'T EVEN LIKE TO USE WESTLAW AS A SEARCH ENGINE!! I'VE BECOME A POINTS WHORE!! AND IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME!!! once i learned what i could get, i realized that i should not have been treating westlaw as my bastard redheaded step-cousin, but rather as the bastard redheaded step-cousin who might buy me really neat christmas gifts. and so it began.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home