Thursday, March 29, 2007

welcome to the newest additions to MY family

matt and trish may have decided they were ready for a baby, but i've been making some pretty big additions to my home recently too.

about a week ago, i finally decided that i was ready to commit to a lexis prize. now, as you know, this had been a problem for a while. i had been accruing points like a madwoman, with no end in sight, b/c i was unable to commit to what i wanted. i had seen this frozen drink machine last year, and it had tickled my fancy, but it was about 24,000 and it seemed totally frivolous and did i really need another large device to sit, unused, in my kitchen. i mean, the cuisinart i got earlier this year is still sitting in its box, unopened, in my entryway. from december. but i decided to make a frozen drink last week, and i remembered that every time i try to use my blender to do so, the thing smokes. which is exactly how my last blender died. AND then the very next day, rob sent an email heralding this device, saying it was what he wanted, as tho he had found it and was the first person to think about using lexis points to buy it. so sunday, marva deposited 300 points in my account, and i decided it was time. so i ordered the margaritaville. and with that great amazon shipping, it arrived yesterday. and here it is:

as you can see, it did not sit for 6 months, clogging the entryway to my apartment. i plan to use it tonight. reviews should be up shortly. it should be amazing!

secondly, jared and i decided that we were ready for a garden gnome. on our drives to danville (posting about this little excursion next), i was overwhelmed by the variety of garden gnomes out there, and i started to think i needed one. i had seen them on my visit to big lots and had been very tempted, but they were pricier than what i thought i needed to spend on a garden gnome. but today, we went to target to scope them out. well, they are far pricier at target than at big lots. we then went to big lots, where i grappled with the decision for a while. i mean, i loved him, but was he worth $8? well, that decision was made as jared looked up while i was cradling the garden gnome like an infant. it might have been too much for me to spend on a garden gnome, but it was not too much for jared to spend on my happiness.

so i am proud to introduce you to sampson:

feel free to visit my home to visit either sampson or to enjoy a tasty frozen beverage. mmmmm, i don't know why i'd ever leave again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

Ah, this must be the frozen drink maker Ajeet was talking about last night when I was inviting myself to his game and deep fryer night. It looks v. tempting, except, since I'm apparently old and get hungover with TWO DRINKS (!) I don't think it is wise to partake. Also, I like Sampson very much, even if he is a bit unnecessary. I am on an anti-clutter bent and am throwing things willy-nilly into the new goodwill box. I am moving in less than 2 months! I have to get rid of this junk! And I like my apartment here! Sigh!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home