Monday, February 12, 2007

mmmmm, drugs!

so even tho i was getting better, after my weekend of being convinced that i had to go out and have a good time, i managed to not only fail to have a good time (too much pressure, i think), but i also managed to get myself even sicker than i had been last week. so when i talked to my mom yesterday, she said it was time to get my butt to student health and get some antibiotics. now, if you know anything about my mother, it should be this: drugs fix everything.

and i love student health for how they dole out drugs. i mean, they'll throw meds at anything! our favorite student health story is from my roommate at BC, where they would give you handfuls of individually wrapped pills in little envelopes. so shaina opens a couple of the envelopes at once, and realizes that none of the envelopes contain the same pill!

but today i met the first-ever student health employee in the history of all student healths who was not willing to just give me what i asked for. (yes, this is how i deal with most doctors. i consult my mother and/or myself before going in and then just tell them what prescriptions i need and then i'm happy to get out of there.) well she looks me over and tells me that i've got nothing an antibiotic is going to help. i was discouraged.

fortunately, this woman was no match for me. did she know who she was dealing with? she was asking me if i had nyquil, in case my cough kept me up one of these nights. woman, i've got prescription cough medicine with codeine! you don't need to worry about my cough keeping me up at night! crazy talk! in the end, we got it all straightened away and i'm going to be fit as a fiddle in time for barrister's!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you managed to convince a student health lady to give you an antibiotic.

I went in there last week determined to get an antibiotic and after my best efforts at argument i was turned down. I even tried a little trickery and asked if she could give me a prescription for an antibiotic in case the symptoms kept up for another week without subsiding, and she didn't fall for it. Saying that i could just come back in at that time.

Damn stingy UVA student health people.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home