Tuesday, July 18, 2006

is it wrong

that it is 1:30am one year and one week before i will be taking the bar and i am awake looking for hotels. so i'm trying to decide if i just want the closest hotel, which is 0.2 miles from the civic center in which the exam is administered. or if i would rather be further out. like at the marriott 3.2 miles away. but then i decided that what would really determine this would be the layout of roanoke. so i am thinking i should drive down to roanoke. b/c the people the other week were talking about food and eating over lunch and do i not want to be driving or is it the sort of place where the only option for these 2 things involves a car or ooooooh so many questions. i should take a cooler. also, i am totally buying myself a cheap-ass (i am talking like $10 here) "suit" with an elastic waistband. and if someone tells me that that is not business attire in the state of VA, i will cry b/c i am poor and/or i have bad fashion sense.

surely there is a better way to learn the layout of a city than to drive down and visit it. shouldn't the internet be able to do that? with a map that is labeled "civic center," "potential hotel #1," "potential hotel #2," "fast food," and "nearest grocery store." that would be great.

also, the virginia bar exam has the shittiest website ever. not to be ungrateful or rude, but "The Virginia Bar Examination is offered every February and July on the last Tuesday before the last Wednesday of the month" is not really a great way to give me the date of the bar exam. how hard would it be to make a chart for the next year or so? and i still haven't found the location of the exam in an easy-to-access location on the page. how hard are these things, you jerks? people want to know. a year in advance. that is legit. we're all going to be LAWYERS, for god's sake. how type A can a group of people be?!?!

i'm sorry, i must be grumpy b/c it is 1:30am and i have not done the thing that i was supposed to do last week that i was supposed to do today that i was supposed to do when i got home. that i will now be supposed to do tomorrow before i leave work.

oh, AND for those of you who didn't know, the AC is STILL not working. today was the day that all the emails said it would be working by. and the start of a week where there is a heat advisory every day and the temperatures will be in the 100s. but most specially--today marks the 3 week anniversary of not having any air conditioning!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

OK, now I am freaked out. Why?

1) I haven't even THOUGHT about the bar. Hasn't even crossed my mind once.

2) the bar application will be hard, and I realized I have no idea when the deadline is, or how to sign up, or where it is, or when. I always thought someone would tell me these things.

3) You have to wear a SUIT!?!?!?! WTF?!??!! OK, I wear a suit every day, but I'm not taking the single hardest test ever. i was planning on wearing my LSAT outfit of sweats (with a t-shirt underneath in case I get hot). Nuts.

Dammit, now I'm not going to do the journal stuff I need to do, but instead I will obsess over this. Sigh.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home