Monday, November 06, 2006

i know you all have missed me

and i'm sorry i haven't been posting. i just really haven't had anything to say. that would be shocking, except for the fact that i guess i generally post with nothing to say. but since i have a public, i should really be more sensitive to your needs and be sure to post more frequently, so that you do not worry about me. so do not worry--i am safe.

spent friday night in richmond, at a friend's boyfriend's house where 6 of us crashed the night before the MPRE. and the beauty of richmond is that each of us had our own room in his place. well, there were 2 couples, but still! amazing.

then to the MPRE, where we learned that taking the MPRE in richmond sucks. our site had a fire drill approximately 5 minutes after the man had said, "in the unlikely event of an emergency...." and approximately 2 questions in. the other site had gospel singers and no heat, despite the 30-some degree temperature. so i say to those of you who have yet to take it, start calling your congressperson and insisting that they offer the MPRE in cville in the future. (actually, this is not as easy as it sounds. i called them back in april, to double check that they would not be offering it in cville, since they always offer it in cville. yes, i was looking into a november test last april. i am like this. anyways, it took a lot of phone calls to get someone who essentially told me, "oh well for you and all of UVA law.")

anyways, the beauty of the MPRE is that you truly sincerely absolutely have no idea whether or not you've passed until your score comes back. everyone walks out thinking, "hm, i am not so sure about that...." it's really easy to get yourself down to two contenders on most questions, but then, it's a crapshoot. also, some of their questions are just stupid. plus, like i'll never have a book that can answer the question. and they didn't even ask anything about having sex with a client! we all knew that rule! plus, it's one that you might not have time to consult a book before needing. (answer: only if the consensual sexual relationship pre-dates the attorney-client one. so start sleeping with people now.)

and then i spent all saturday at short pump, looking for a PILA dress. i had said that if i was going to wear black, i would wear black i already had in my closet. so of course i spent a bunch of money buying a new black dress. oops. so if you see me at PILA, maybe say something nice about my dress to calm the fact that i'm having a bit of buyer's remorse and think my money might have been better spent elsewhere. oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

If my red dress fits, I'll give you my black boa to spice up your black dress a bit. But if I have to wear black because my ass is too big to fit into the red dress I wore to my high school prom, I'm keeping the boa. It's my plan B. Of course, I don't think I have a black dress that fits either. Damn me and my ever growing ass!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Also, be glad you weren't in the gospel choir one, from what I heard, that sounded AWFUL!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home