Sunday, July 23, 2006

more of laura and the bar, neuroses a full year in advance

the fact that the bar is this week is making me think a bit about what i will be like in a year. it will not be pretty. it's kinda hard to imagine b/c the only person taking the bar this week that i have any contact with is not crazy. i don't know if he is only not crazy on his breaks, but since he is taking breaks, i imagine he is in a far healthier place than i will be. i have already mapped out my days. i will go for the 4 hours of bar classes, and then i will spend the next 12-14 hours in the library. i will not be studying. i imagine that i will spend approximately 2 hours a day twirling my hair, 3 hours a day wandering around the LS, 4 hours a day hyperventilating, 2 hours trying to figure out what i want to eat, and then some assorted time IMing and emailing and whatnot. hopefully those calculations are slightly off b/c i have just done the math and that does not leave much time for studying.

anyways. so i called my mom the other day and just mentioned this. well only the part that in a year i would be an emotional disaster area. and she said that she had thought of that and was thinking that she should come down for the week before the bar TO MITIGATE MY CRAZY! yes, my mother is now planning a year in advance for the crazy. much like i am being crazy a year in advance. i'm not sure that having my mom around would help at all, but i think that's pretty great that she thought of that. oh, and she also wants to be there to cook me eggs the morning of the exam. she has some whole thing about eating eggs the morning of big exams. she actually thinks it's her fault that i didn't do well on my first LSAT b/c she wasn't there to make me eggs. forget the fact that i think i made my own eggs the morning of my LSAT and what really did me in was taking 40 units of insulin when 4 would have sufficed. but that is all irrelevant to the point of the story. which was my mom and the mitigation of crazy. i love that.

in related news, i was looking for a "good luck on the bar" e-card to send to my friends. the only thing i found was at anonymouslawfirm. and it reads, "Anonymous Lawyer wishing you luck on the bar exam. Because it's not just a test of legal knowledge. It's a test of your value as a human being." i would like to take this opportunity to say that if anyone sends me that card w/in the 2 week period b/f the bar next summer, i will hunt you down and kill you. probably after the february bar b/c i will probably start crying and be unable to take the bar in july, so i'll need the months b/t july and february to regain my sense of worth and to study again. it is acceptable up to two weeks before the bar. there is a chance that it would still be ok after that, but so help me god, if you try, it will not go over well for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home