Saturday, December 10, 2005

electricity bill

no, it has not arrived yet for the month. but i am very excited about its arrival. b/c while everyone else has had their heat on for about a month, i have yet to turn mine on. well, i turned it on for a smidge last night.

i did this once when i lived in DC and it was kinda a bad idea. i lived in a basement there and therefore, it was frickin' cold in my apartment. i think it was motivated by cheapness that year. and then a desire to see if i could do it. i was sleeping in like 3 shirts and wearing gloves to bad. in retrospect, it was stupid. i was calling my mom to ask if the reason i was sick was because i refused to turn my heat on even tho it was like mid-december and i lived in a basement. she thought the two might be related.

so i thought about doing it this year b/c i am cheap and b/c i wanted to see if i could. but now it has not been cold in my apartment. at all. my theory is that i live above someone who heats their apartment ridiculously and i am benefiting from that. but i don't know for sure. either way. i am thrilled that i will have a $15 electricity bill for december. or i hope i will. imagine how bitter i will be if it's more than that. grrrr. that would make me angry.

anyways, back to watching tv and being a putz. i somehow got all into reading about harry potter on wikipedia and accidentally discovered what happens at the end of the 6th book, which i am planning on reading over x-mas break. now it remains to be seen if i forget before i do read it. normally i would say yes, but it was quite a doozy of an ending i think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

It was a doozy of an ending, but the book is still good to read.

Anyhoo, the problem with roommates is you can't do experiments like yours. I wanted to see how long I could go without turning on the heat, yet I couldn't complain when the roommate turned it on in mid-Nov. However, the big problem now is that she seems to like it about 5 degrees warmer than I do (probably because I sleep under 3 layers of blankets and wear flannel pjs, while she wears shorts and a t-shirt to bed and probably only has one blanket. Last night I was sweating. But it is just not the same to sleep under only one blanket. The weight is all off. Sigh, what to do? Well, at least when I live with Aaron I can rule the thermostat with an iron fist!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home